- 1- 5 lb sugar or pumpkin pie pumpkin. Try to find one that is shaped like a bowl rather than a vase.
- 1 box Swerve Sweets Chocolate Cake Mix
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take pumpkin and with a knife cut out a large circle on the top of the pumpkin as you would when you carve a jack-o'-lantern. Imagine that you would want to make the pumpkin look like a large pot.
- With a spoon remove/scrape out the seeds and innards until the pumpkin is clean, as you would for a Halloween pumpkin. Set aside once innards and seeds are removed.
- In a medium bowl whisk together, eggs, water, oil and vanilla until frothy with lots of air bubbles
- Add Swerve Sweets bake mix with pumpkin spice and whisk into wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour batter carefully into carved out pumpkin. Try not to get the batter on the sides of the pumpkin.
- Place pumpkin in oven on a rimmed baking sheet and set lid beside pumpkin on pan and cook for 30 minutes. Remove lid and cook cake for another 30 minutes. Slide toothpick into cake and if a few crumbs are on the toothpick cake is ready to come out of the oven.
- Remove the pumpkin and let it cool.
- Add a chocolate glaze or cream cheese frosting to top of cake. Slice into pumpkin as you would a cake and enjoy the presentation and the fun!
Makes 12 Servings
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 12g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 14g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|