- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp rose water- food grade
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Edible flowers or rose petals for decoration (optional)
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon sour cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and Swerve Confectioners until lightened and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the vanilla extract and rose water, then beat in the almond flour mixture until the dough comes together.
- Wrap disc shaped dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hrs.
- Right before taking dough out of the fridge, preheat the oven to 300F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Remove dough from fridge and transfer to a parchment or silicone mat. Pat into a circle and cover with another piece of parchment. Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutter of choice to cut out shapes. With an icing spatula gently transfer cookie shape to parchment covered cookie sheet. If the dough becomes too soft to work with, simply roll into a disc and refrigerate again.
- Place in oven and bake for 9 minutes, until edges are barely golden brown and the cookies are firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely on the pan.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the chocolate, heavy cream, Swerve, and sour cream.
- Whisk the mixture continuously until ganache is smooth and warm.
- Dip cooled cookies in ganache. I like to dip half of the cookie for effect and set aside on a parchment paper lined baking rack.
- Sprinkle chocolate side of shortbread with orange zest, rose petals or leave them just chocolate.
- Set aside to cool and dry, then enjoy!
Note: Glazed cookies can go into the fridge if making in advance- just make sure you bring them to room temperature before serving so the chocolate can get its sheen back.
Note: Can make undipped cookies in advance and place in the refrigerator for a few days before dipping and serving.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 13g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|