Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- ¾ cup Brown Swerve
- 3 TBS water
- 2 cups heavy cream (room temperature)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (room temperature)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 large egg yolks (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt 3/4 cup Brown Swerve with 3 tablespoons water, swirling skillet frequently, until Swerve turns mahogany brown in color (it should be almost but not quite black). This should take around 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, almond milk, 1/8 tsp salt, and simmer mixture until cream mixture is completely smooth and warm. Remove pot from heat. In a separate bowl, whisk yolks. While whisking constantly, slowly pour about a third of the warm cream into the yolks, then whisk the yolk mixture back into the pot with the cream.
- Return pot to medium-low heat and gently cook until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer). This should take between 25-30 minutes. You want to avoid cooking ice cream mixture too fast because the egg could curdle.
- Cool mixture to room temperature. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight or for 8 hours.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into ice cream machine. Churn in ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Sprinkle flaky sea salt into base during the last 2 minutes of churning. Serve directly from the machine for soft serve, or store in freezer until needed.
Serving Size 167g
|Total Fat 34g|
|Total Saturated Fat 20g|
|Total Carbs 27g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.