- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Swerve Granular
- 4 large eggs – room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 cups diced strawberries, stems removed - from around 15 medium to large ripe strawberries
- 1 TBS butter - room temperature
- 1/3 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 TBS Swerve Confectioners
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan very well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and Swerve together until lightened and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, extracts, and lemon zest until well combined, then beat in the almond flour mixture. Remove bowl from mixer and gently fold in strawberries.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and cook for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with foil and then bake for another 35 minutes until edges are golden brown, the top is firm to the touch, and the middle is cooked through. Remove and let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cake is baking, in a medium bowl, toss 1 TBS Swerve Confectioners with 1/3 cup finely chopped strawberries. Set aside and let the natural strawberry juices ruminate while the cake bakes and cools.
- Once cake has cooled or is slightly warm, add 1 TBS butter, almond extract, and 2 TBS Swerve Confectioners to strawberry mixture and mix together with a spoon.
- Take mixture and drizzle onto cake. Enjoy!
Note: Also delicious with Swerve Whipped Cream.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 18g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|