Sweet Fauxtato Casserole
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted (or
- coconut oil for dairy-free), plus
- more for the pan
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk or heavy cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour or pecan meal
- 1/2c Swerve Confectioners
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a 6-inch pie pan or a casserole dish that will fit in your air fryer. Add the broth to the pie pan. Cook in the air fryer for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Drain the cauliflower and transfer it to a food processor. Set the pie pan aside; you’ll use it in the next step. Blend the cauliflower until very smooth. Add the pumpkin, butter, Swerve, almond milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla and puree until smooth.
- Grease the pie pan that you cooked the cauliflower in with butter. Pour the cauliflower-pumpkin mixture into the pan. Set aside.
- Make the topping: In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the topping until well combined. Crumble the topping over the cauliflower-pumpkin mixture.
- Cook in the air fryer for 30 to 35 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month. Reheat in a preheated 350°F air fryer for 6 minutes, or until heated through.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Serving Size 1 serving
|Total Fat 40g|
|Total Saturated Fat 15g|
|Total Carbs 29g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|