- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup Swerve Sweetener
- ¼ cup canned pureed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce OR coconut aminos
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, Swerve, tomato puree, soy sauce or aminos, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and stir until sweetener is dissolved. Sprinkle surface with xanthan gum and whisk quickly to combine, then let cool.
- Place chicken in a glass or ceramic baking dish and pour half of marinade over top. Toss to coat well and then refrigerate for at least one hour. If using bamboo or wooden skewers, soak them during this time - you will need 8 to 10 skewers.
- Once chicken has marinated, preheat grill to medium. String chicken and vegetables on skewers in an alternating pattern. Place on grill and brush with some of the remaining marinade. Cook about 4 to 5 minutes and then flip and cook another 4 to 5 minutes, brushing again with remaining marinade.
- Remove from grill and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Serving Size 1 skewer
|Total Fat 3g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbs 16g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|