- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Gluten-Free Oat Flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tbsp Swerve Granular
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 to 4 tbsp ice water
- 1/4 cup Swerve
- 3 tbsp water, divided
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp Swerve
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 24 raw pecan halves
- Follow directions for pastry, but do not bake the tart shells. Cover in plastic and place in freezer for at least one hour.
- In bowl of a food processor, combine gluten-free all-purpose flour, almond flour, oat flour, Swerve, guar gum and salt. Pulse until well-combined.
- Sprinkle with butter pieces and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With processor running, add 1 tbsp of ice water at a time until mixture just begins to clump together.
- Turn out mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a disk*. Wrap tightly and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Sprinkle a large piece of parchment paper with gluten-free all purpose flour. Place chilled pastry on flour surface and sprinkle lightly with more flour. Place another sheet of parchment on top and roll out to a rough 12 inch circle.
- Using a 2 1/2 inch circular cookie cutter, cut out circles and gently lift off work surface with knife or offset spatula. Transfer to a mini muffin or tart pan. Scraps can be gathered together and re-rolled, but you may need to chill the dough again before cutting out more tart crusts. You should get about 24 mini tart crusts.
- Freeze crusts for one hour.
- *When forming dough into a disk, it's okay to squeeze it to get it to stay together. As it contains no gluten, there is less concern of overworking the dough. If your dough is too crumbly to hold together, sprinkle with more ice water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Combine Swerve and 2 tbsp of the water in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve Swerve. Then cook undisturbed for 7 to 10 minutes, or until mixture begins to darken in color (it will smoke a bit before it begins to change).
- Remove from heat and add cream, butter and vanilla extract. Let cool 5 minutes, then add remaining tbsp water. Stir in and then sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum. Whisk quickly to combine. Let cool at least 15 more minutes, or until no longer hot to the touch.
- In a large bowl, whisk together caramel sauce, additional Swerve, egg, molasses and salt. Whisk in melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 325F and divide toasted pecans between frozen tart shells. Spoon filling into tart shells almost to the top. Place 1 pecan half on top of each tart and press down gently.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until filling is just set. Remove from oven and let cool completely before lifting out of tart pans.
Yields 24 pecan tarts.
Serving Size 1 tart
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.