- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 6 tbsp Swerve, Confectioner’s
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ ounce cocoa butter or 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Crushed slices almonds for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir the whipping cream with the espresso powder until the powder is mostly dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone with the sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the cream/coffee mixture.
- Add ¾ cup of the almond flour and work in until the mixture resembles cookie dough in consistency. Add more almond flour if needed. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and freeze 1 hour.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate with the cocoa butter or coconut oil, stirring until smooth. Working with one truffles at a time, dip in the chocolate and toss to coat. Lift out with a fork and tap the fork gently on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place back on lined baking sheet and sprinkle immediately with a little bit of crushed almonds. Repeat with remaining truffles.
Makes about 30 truffles (2 truffles per serving)
Tiramisu Truffles 4
Serving Size 2 truffles
|Total Fat 13g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|