- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 6 tbsp Swerve, Confectioner’s
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ ounce cocoa butter or 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Crushed slices almonds for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir the whipping cream with the espresso powder until the powder is mostly dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone with the sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the cream/coffee mixture.
- Add ¾ cup of the almond flour and work in until the mixture resembles cookie dough in consistency. Add more almond flour if needed. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and freeze 1 hour.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate with the cocoa butter or coconut oil, stirring until smooth. Working with one truffles at a time, dip in the chocolate and toss to coat. Lift out with a fork and tap the fork gently on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place back on lined baking sheet and sprinkle immediately with a little bit of crushed almonds. Repeat with remaining truffles.
Makes about 30 truffles (2 truffles per serving)
Serving Size 2 truffles
|Total Fat 13g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.