- 1 (16 oz.) container of sour cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ⅓ cup Swerve Granular
- 1 tbsp. Granulated Sugar (to activate the yeast)
- 2 (¼ - oz.) envelopes active dry yeast
- ½ cup WARM water (100 - 110 degrees F)
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 ¾ cups bread flour, divided
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ¼ Cup Brown Swerve
- 3 tsp. Ground cinnamon (more if you LOVE cinnamon like me)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Creamy Vanilla Glaze
4 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
2 tbs. Butter (room temp.)
4 tbs. Milk
6 tbs. Swerve Confectioners
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Watkins or other natural food coloring
- Swerve Granular
- Prepare the dough: combine sour cream, butter, salt & ⅓ cup of Swerve in a saucepan over medium to low heat. cook, stirring until butter melts, about 5 minutes. remove from heat; cool until 100-110 degrees f, 15 minutes.
- Stir together yeast, water & granulated sugar in a 1-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine the sour cream mixture, yeast mixture, 2 eggs and 2 cups of the flour in the bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. beat at medium speed until smooth. reduce speed to low; gradually add 4 cups of flour, beating until dough forms.
- Turn out onto a surface dusted with ¼ cup of flour. knead, gradually adding the remaining ½ cup of flour 2 tbsp. at a time until smooth and elastic. (cover hands in flour before or the dough will stick to you!) place in a well-greased bowl; turn to grease top. cover; let rise in a warm space until doubled in bulk, 45 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: beat cream cheese, swerve, cinnamon & vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. beat in the egg.
- Prepare the baked cakes: gently punch dough down; divide in half. on a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion into a 22 by 1 2 inch rectangle (keep the remaining portion of dough covered in a well-greased bowl.) spread half of your filling over the rectangle leaving a 1-inch border. starting at one long side, carefully roll up a rectangle in a jelly-roll fashion. place, seam side down, on a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet. bring ends of the roll together forming a ring. moisten ends with water; pinching to seal. repeat with the 2nd portion of dough and remaining filling.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk; 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; uncover dough rings & bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and done. 30-45 min. rotating halfway through.
- Cool cakes completely on a wire cooling rack for about an hour.
- Prepare the glaze; place cream cheese and butter into a mixing bowl and whisk together until creamy with an electric mixer. Slowly add swerve confectioners while mixing. add milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Using a spatula, smear mixture onto cakes.
- Using 3 small bowls, add food coloring to Swerve Granular to make 1 bowl of purple, 1 bowl of green and 1 bowl of yellow “sugar dust”
- Immediately sprinkle “sugar dust” onto glaze so it will stick.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 9g|
|Total Carbs 38g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 25g|