Tropical Summer Skewers
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Swerve granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into chunks (or tofu/tempeh)
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Other vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.) cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pineapple juice, Swerve, and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat just before the mixture comes to a boil. Place chicken in a medium bowl.
- Cover with the pineapple marinade, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread chicken lengthwise onto wooden skewers, alternating pineapple, cherry tomatoes and other vegetables of choice on either side of the chicken.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Grill chicken skewers 3 minutes per side, making sure they are cooked through. They cook quickly, so watch them closely.
Makes about 8 servings.
Serving Size 1 skewer
|Total Fat 3g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.