- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Swerve granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into chunks (or tofu/tempeh)
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Other vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.) cut into 1-in pieces
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pineapple juice, Swerve, and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat just before the mixture comes to a boil. Place chicken in a medium bowl.
- Cover with the pineapple marinade, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread chicken lengthwise onto wooden skewers, alternating pineapple, cherry tomatoes and other vegetables of choice on either side of the chicken.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Grill chicken skewers 3 minutes per side, making sure they are cooked through. They cook quickly, so watch them closely.
Makes about 8 servings.
Serving Size 1 skewer
|Total Fat 3g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|