- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ¾ cup Swerve, Granular
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3oz Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 4 large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 300F. Grease an 8x8“ baking pan and line with parchment paper one way, leaving a few inches of overhang (this makes it easier to get the brownies out of the pan after baking).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the butter and unsweetened chocolate. Stir until completely melted, then remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. While whisking, pour the eggs into the melted butter and chocolate mixture. Then whisk in the vanilla extract. Pour this over the almond flour mixture and whisk until fully combined. Fold in the chopped pecans. Scrape the batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 28 minutes, or until the center is just barely set. You can bake for a couple minutes longer if you don’t like super fudgy brownies. Let cool while you make the caramel sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the butter and Swerve until it looks like sugar scrub. Let it come to a boil. Let it bubble for 2-2½ minutes (be careful not to burn it!).
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully pour in the heavy cream (it will bubble vigorously). Give it a whisk, then vigorously whisk in the xanthan gum.
- Return the pan to medium heat and let it boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and salt. Let cool for 30 minutes. Using a chopstick, poke holes all over the brownie’s surface. Pour the caramel sauce over the brownies. Let cool completely before slicing.
Makes 16 servings.
Serving Size 1 brownie
|Total Fat 19g|
|Total Saturated Fat 9g|
|Total Carbs 20g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.