Vanilla Cake Mix Strawberry Cake
- 1 packageSwerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 ½ cups of pureed strawberries (Around 12 oz of strawberries)
- ¼ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 package of unflavored unsweetened gelatin
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup canola or coconut oil
- ¼ cup of milk or almond milk
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup sour cream or unsweetened plain yogurt
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups of heavy whipped cream
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners, sifted
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat to 350 and grease and line two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Wash strawberries. Remove strawberry leaves and cut strawberries in half. Place in a food processor or blender. Process until large chunks are gone and strawberry puree is created. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk bake mix, Swerve, and gelatin together
- In second medium bowl, whisk eggs, oil, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, sour cream, and strawberries together until well combined
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, and mix until combined
- Pour half of batter in one prepared pan. Pour the other half of batter in the second prepared pan. Place in oven
- Cook for 25 – 28 minutes. Begin toothpick testing at 25 minutes. If there is a little batter on the toothpick it is okay. You do not want it to come out completely dry when you are baking gluten free.
- Set cakes aside and let completely cool. Scrape side of pan with knife going around edge of each cake, and then flip cake over on a cooling rack.
- Flip one layer of cake back over on cake plate, tray or plate. Frost top of bottom layer with whipped cream frosting or icing/glaze of choice. Then gently place second layer of cake on top of bottom layer. Frost the top of cake, and adorn with strawberries if you so please.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- Using both a chilled bowl and chilled beaters, beat the cream until frothy.
- Add sifted Swerve, Confectioners and vanilla gradually while beating.
- Whip until light and a thick enough consistency to spread as an icing.
Note: You can also slice a cup strawberries and toss them in ¼ cup of Swerve, Granular or 1/8 cup of Swerve, Confectioners, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside for an hour. Makes a great topping for each slice of cake!
Makes 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 33g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 30g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.