Vanilla Cake with Buttercream Frosting
- 3 cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened whey protein
- 1 TBS baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup Swerve, Granular
- 6 eggs
- 3 TBS vanilla extract (use clear vanilla extract to keep cake as white as possible)
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or any other milk
- 2 cups butter (4 sticks), at room temperature
- 4-6 TBS milk of choice
- 1 TBS + 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Swerve, Confectioners
- Preheat oven to 325°F and butter/grease two round cake pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, mix together softened butter and Swerve until creamy. On medium speed add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add almond milk and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into baking pans. Bake 25- 30 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out almost clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for at least 30 minutes. Remove from pan by gently placing baking rack on top of pan and flipping over. Tap on center of pan, and cake will release.
Buttercream & Assembly
- With an electric mixer, combine all frosting ingredients. Start with 1 1/2 cups of Swerve, and increase to taste. Beat until well combined.
- To assemble cake, place one layer on cake plate. Spread ¼ of the icing on the center of cake. Place next layer on top of the bottom layer, and spread the remaining icing on exposed cake. Slice and Enjoy!
- *Note: To reduce calories, Use half the amount of buttercream and leave the sides "naked."
Makes 16 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 40g|
|Total Saturated Fat 19g|
|Total Carbs 41g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.