Vanilla Roasted Almonds
- 1/3 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (ground vanilla beans) OR 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Swerve, vanilla powder (if using vanilla extract, wait to add that to the egg white), salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg white to soft peaks (if using vanilla extract, add it into the egg white before beating). Stir in sweetener mixture.
- Stir in almonds and toss to coat well. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes, stirring at least twice during baking.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Serving Size 1/4 cup
|Total Fat 18g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 16g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|