- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Swerve granular
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Position 1 oven rack in the top third of the oven and another in the bottom third. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract to 1/3 cup of Swerve.
- Cream the butter and Swerve in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl after 1 minute. Add the egg and incorporate on medium speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl. Add the remaining vanilla extract and milk and blend on low speed for 15 seconds. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed just to incorporate.
- Chill the batter in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before scooping. This helps you create tsp size balls of batter that stay together.
- Scoop the batter in teaspoon-sized balls and arrange them on 2 parchment paper-lined half sheet pans, around 25-30 cookies per pan. Use the heel of your hand to slightly flatten each ball.
- Bake, 2 pans at a time, rotating the pans halfway through the baking, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove the pans to a cooling rack to cool completely before removing the cookies from the pan.
Makes about 48 servings.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 1g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbs 3g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|