Let's Drink & Be Merry
It's time to gather with friends and family and enjoy a few extra beverages with a few extra grams of added sugar here and there, right? Friends and family may not be optional, but the added sugar and alcohol certainly is. With a little bit of planning and recipe research, you'll be well on your way to an Apple Pie Moscow Mule that will knock your socks off.
We are not here to tell you that sugar is bad and you should just skip the holidays. Your approach to the holidays is totally up to you—we just want you to have options. You might find that swapping sugar for Swerve 1:1 is the way to go, while your Uncle Jimmy might prefer part sugar part Swerve. The important thing is that you find what works for you and keep trying new things. That's what makes life fun.
How to reduce sugar in your favorite cocktails & mocktails (only if you want to).
- Make a simple syrup using Swerve Granular or Brown Swerve. You'll be able to store this in your fridge for a week and use for multiple evenings of drinks with friends. A Swerve simple syrup is also the best way to sweeten your coffee and hot chocolate.
- Start with low sugar drink recipes that are tried and true. If a recipe calls for Swerve Confectioners, do not swap for Granular unless you followed tip #1.
- Don't forget hot beverages like this Amaretto Hot Chocolate.
- Download the Swerve Cocktail & Mocktail eBook here.
- Cheers! Have fun with it.