- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp Swerve, Granular
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup Swerve, Granular
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 ½ cups whipping cream
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅔ cup Swerve, Granular
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp vodka (optional, helps reduce iciness)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, shredded coconut, pecans, sweetener, cinnamon and salt. Add melted butter and vanilla extract and stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread out evenly on prepared baking sheet and pat down with hands to flatten slightly. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool completely, then break into chunks with your hands.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, water, and sweetener. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk quickly to combine. Let cool.
- Set a bowl over an ice bath and set aside.
- Combine cream, almond milk and Swerve in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until Swerve dissolves and mixture reaches 170F on an instant read thermometer.
- Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly add about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture, whisking continuously, to temper the yolks. Then slowly whisk egg yolk mixture back into cream, whisking continuously. Cook until mixture reaches 180F on an instant read thermometer.
- Pour mixture into bowl set over ice bath and allow to cool 10 minutes. Then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill at least 3 hours.
- Stir in vodka, if using, and, vanilla extract. Sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Pour custard into the canister of an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions.
- Once churned, transfer half of the ice cream to a container. Drizzle with half of the blueberry sauce and half of the crust chunks. Swirl to combine. Add remaining ice cream, blueberry sauce, and crust chunks and swirl again to combine.
- Freeze 2 to 3 hours until firm but not rock hard.
Makes 10 servings of about 1/2 cup each.
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
Serving Size 1/2 cup
|Total Fat 28g|
|Total Saturated Fat 15g|
|Total Carbs 27g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|