- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces cocoa butter, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners, divided
- 1/2 cup good cocoa powder (NOT cacao powder, it won’t mix in well)
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly grease a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Line the bottom with a 9 inch circle of parchment paper.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the chocolate and the cocoa butter, stirring until smooth. Whisk in 3/4 cup of the Swerve and the cocoa powder until smooth, then whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Spread half of this mixture over the bottom of the prepared tart pan, spreading all the way to the edges. Freeze 30 minutes until firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter. Melt on high in 30 second increments, stirring until smooth. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of Swerve and the salt.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the chilled chocolate in the pan, spreading to the edges. Freeze again for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, gently rewarm the remaining chocolate mixture to help liquify it, then pour it over the peanut butter layer, spreading to the very edges. Freeze another 30 minutes to firm up.
- To remove, simply gently push up on the bottom of the pan. Cut into slices and serve.
Note: It will cut much better at room temperature. When frozen, it tends to crack.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 23g|
|Total Saturated Fat 9g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|