Grandma Raymond's Lemon Butter Cakes
Lemon Butter Cake
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Swerve, Granular
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk
- 2 TBSP lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 2 TBSP lemon juice (4 large lemons) or 2 tsp lemon extract
- Optional: 6 drops of yellow natural food coloring gives the cake a stronger yellow cake look and feel)
- ¼ cup of Swerve, Confectioners
- 2 TBS of fresh lemon juice
- ½ -1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan or excessively butter the entire cupcake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl on medium high to high speed, beat butter with Swerve until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, food coloring, and vanilla extract until blended. On low speed, beat in half of the almond flour mixture. Beat in milk, and then the remaining almond flour mixture until combined. With a spatula, mix in lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin pan, and shake the pan gently to ensure batter is evenly spread in each cup.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until edges are browned, and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes before gently removing each cake from pan.
- In small bowl, combine lemon juice, Swerve Confectioners, and lemon zest. Mix together until well combined. Drizzle onto each cake.
- Note: If making mini-cupcakes, bake for 17-22 minutes, and watch cupcakes to ensure they do not overcook on top.
- Note: Do not over-beat the batter, or you can lose the cake-like texture.
Makes about 18 servings.
Lemon Butter Cake 2
Serving Size 1 piece
|Total Fat 11g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 17g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|