Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Granular
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 4-6 TBS cold water
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg yolks (save egg whites for meringue)
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons limoncello
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons Confectioners Swerve
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add butter and stir into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add water, until mixture sticks together, but is not too wet or gummy.
- Press dough evenly into greased pie pan. Optional: place pie weights or cover with aluminum foil and place beans on top because the dough will rise.
- Place dough in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Change the temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 5 minutes more minutes, then let cool.
- Combine the Swerve, cornstarch, milk, water, and pinch of the salt in a large, non-stick saucepan or dutch oven, whisk to combine, and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking constantly to avoid burning.
- As the mixture reaches a simmer and begins to thicken, 4 to 5 minutes, whisk in the egg yolks, 2 at a time. Slowly add the lemon juice, whisking constantly, and add the zest and limoncello. Add the butter, 1 piece at a time, and whisking constantly, return to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and pour immediately into the prepared pie crust.
- Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, and remaining pinch salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beating constantly, turn off mixer, and gradually add the Swerve and beat until glossy stiff peaks form, being careful not to over beat, as this will make the meringue difficult to spread.
- Gently spread the meringue evenly over the pie filling using a rubber spatula, smoothing out to the pastry edges. Make decorative peaks in the meringue using a dull knife or the back of a spoon.
- To quickly cook the meringue, preheat the broiler with the rack in the middle oven position. Place the pie under the broiler and cook until the meringue is set and golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning.
- Transfer the pie to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 20g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 53g|
|Dietary Fiber 9g|
|Added Sugar 1g|
|Net Carbs: 9g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.