Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk (very cold)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (very cold)
- 1 tbsp vodka
- 2 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 lb strawberries (leaves trimmed and sliced)
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender
- Place pureed strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat; cook for about 10 minutes and stir occasionally reduced by 1/3. Set aside to cool, if necessary, place in fridge while ice cream churns.
- Create an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice cold water, then place a medium bowl in the larger bowl.
- Add whole milk and Confectioners Swerve and whisk for about two minutes until Swerve dissolves.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vodka, almond extract, and vanilla extract to milk/Swerve mixture. Whisk for about 5 minutes until the liquid is ice cold.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker, and follow manufacturer instructions. After 25 minutes of churning, add cooled strawberry puree into ice cream maker and churn for 5-10 more minutes.
- Once ice cream is made, gently mix ice cream with spatula to ensure strawberries are completely combined.
- Place ice cream mixture in freezer safe, rectangular container.
- Serve immediately for soft serve style or place in freezer for 2-5 hours before serving.
Note: If the ice cream sits in the freezer overnight, take it out of the freezer for 15-30 minutes before scooping.
Makes about 8 servings.
Img 9961 2
Serving Size about 1/2 cup
|Total Fat 23g|
|Total Saturated Fat 14g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 7g|