Who needs a party? We do.
A Swerved birthday cake is something anyone can enjoy. From your grandmother who has to watch her blood sugar, to your little cousin who needs to eat gluten-free, or even dad, who just won’t settle for anything but delicious, we’ve got you covered.
It may seem a little intimidating to bake a cake for someone’s birthday, but it’s really a piece of cake! Here are some tips to help you bake your best birthday cake ever:
- Use an 8-inch round cake pan
- Heavily butter and/or line the pan with parchment paper so that the cake doesn’t stick
- Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before removing it
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting it so that the frosting does not melt
- To make a light and fluffy buttercream frosting, beat with the mixer on high for at least 10 minutes
Not into birthday cake? We’ve got some other ideas for you too!