Find the Ingredients for Almond Joy Macaroons
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp coconut extract (can sub vanilla or almond extract)
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp salt
- 16 raw almonds
- 3 ounces milk or dark sugar-free chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the sweetener and coconut extract. Sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Stir in the shredded coconut and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until they hold stiff peaks. Gently fold in the coconut mixture until well combined.
- Drop by the spoonful into 16 even mounds on the prepared baking sheet. Press 1 almond into the top of each mound.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until just barely browned around the edges and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely on the pan.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Dip the bottom of each cookie in the melted chocolate and set on a waxed paper lined tray.
- Drizzle or pipe the remaining chocolate over each cookie. Refrigerate 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 14g|
|Total Saturated Fat 10g|
|Total Carbs 11g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|