Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/4 cups Swerve Confectioners divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 12 egg whites (the closer to room temperature the better)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract, or extract of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift about 3/4 of the Swerve with the salt and the pastry flour, setting the remaining Swerve aside.
- In a large bowl, use a balloon whisk to thoroughly combine egg whites, water, almond extract, and cream of tartar.
- After 2 minutes, switch to a hand mixer. Add ½ cup of Swerve, beating continuously at medium speed.
- Once you have achieved medium peaks, sift enough of the flour mixture in to dust the top of the foam (about 6 dustings). Using a spatula fold in gently. Continue until all of the flour mixture is incorporated into the mixture.
- Carefully spoon mixture into an ungreased tube pan. Bake for 30 minutes before checking for done-ness with a wooden skewer. Around 25 minutes of cooking- if browning is too dark cover with aluminum foil. Cake will be ready when a toothpick inserted halfway between the inner and outer wall comes out dry
- Remove from oven, and gently use a knife to loosen cake from outer sides of pan and inner hole; cool upside down on cooling rack for at least an hour before removing from pan.
Makes 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 piece
|Total Fat 0g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 24g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.