- 1 1/4 cups Swerve Confectioners divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 12 egg whites (the closer to room temperature the better)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract, or extract of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift about 3/4 of the Swerve with the salt and the pastry flour, setting the remaining Swerve aside.
- In a large bowl, use a balloon whisk to thoroughly combine egg whites, water, almond extract, and cream of tartar.
- After 2 minutes, switch to a hand mixer. Add ½ cup of Swerve, beating continuously at medium speed.
- Once you have achieved medium peaks, sift enough of the flour mixture in to dust the top of the foam (about 6 dustings). Using a spatula fold in gently. Continue until all of the flour mixture is incorporated into the mixture.
- Carefully spoon mixture into an ungreased tube pan. Bake for 30 minutes before checking for done-ness with a wooden skewer. Around 25 minutes of cooking- if browning is too dark cover with aluminum foil. Cake will be ready when a toothpick inserted halfway between the inner and outer wall comes out dry
- Remove from oven, and gently use a knife to loosen cake from outer sides of pan and inner hole; cool upside down on cooling rack for at least an hour before removing from pan.
Makes 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 piece
|Total Fat 0g|
|Total Saturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 24g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|