- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 to 25 vanilla wafers (store bought or see homemade recipe on Swerve Website)
- 3 to 4 medium ripe bananas
- Separate the yolks from the whites of 3 of the eggs; set aside the whites. Add the remaining whole egg to the yolks.
- In a saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup Swerve, flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in the whole egg and 3 yolks, and then stir in the milk. Cook uncovered on medium heat, whisking often, until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread a thin layer of the pudding in a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Arrange a layer of vanilla wafers on top of the pudding. Thinly slice the bananas crosswise, about 1/8 inch thick, and arrange a layer of banana slices over the wafers. Spread one-third of the remaining pudding over the bananas and continue layering wafers, bananas and pudding, ending with pudding.
- To make the meringue, beat the reserved egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are stiff. Gradually beat in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until the whites will not slide out of the mixing bowl when it is tilted.
- Immediately spread the meringue over the pudding with a spatula, making a few decorative peaks on top, and bake until the meringue is lightly browned, 5 minutes.
Makes about 15 servings.
Serving Size 1 piece
|Total Fat 3.5g|
|Total Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbs 24g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 12g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.