Big White Cake
Chocolate Christmas Tree Pops
- 3 ounces sugar-free chocolate chips
- Swerve Confectioners
- 2 packages Swerve Vanilla Cake Mix
- 6 large eggs
- ⅔ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups Swerve Confectioners
- 1 ½ tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup to 1 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- Sliced almonds for garnish (about ⅓ cup)
Christmas Tree Pops
- Make these a few hours ahead so that they have time to harden up for the top of the cake. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Cut 3 or 4 lollipop sticks in half and set 6 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate chips until smooth. You can also melt them in the microwave in 30 second increments. Be sure not to overheat as they will seize.
- Place the melted chocolate in a piping bag or a ziploc bag and cut off the very tip. Drizzle the chocolate back and forth over the lollipop sticks in a tree shape, leaving an inch or so at the bottom uncovered.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease 2 8-inch round cake pans. Line the bottoms with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the directions (but replace the vanilla extract with the almond extract), and divide evenly between the two pans. Bake 35 to 30 minutes, until the cake layers are golden brown and the top is firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely in the pans, then flip out onto a wire rack.
- When the layers are completely cool, use a long serrated knife to cut each layer in half horizontally, to create 4 layers.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Beat in the sweetener and almond extract until well combined.
- Slowly add the heavy whipping cream until a spreadable consistency is achieved.
- Set one layer of cake on a platter and spread the top with about 3/4 cup of the frosting. Add another layer of cake on top and spread with more frosting. Repeat with the remaining layers.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the sides of the cake. Place sliced almonds all the way around the base of the cake. Refrigerate 1 hour to firm up.
- Sprinkle the Christmas tree pops lightly with powdered sweetener, then peel off the waxed paper and set decoratively into the cake.
Makes 20 servings
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 35g|
|Total Saturated Fat 16g|
|Total Carbs 35g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.