- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve Sweetener, whey protein powder, coconut flour and baking powder. Stir in eggs, melted butter, almond milk, and extract until well combined.
- Using your hands, form dough into balls about 1 ½ inches in diameter. Place on prepared baking sheets 3 or 4 inches apart. Press down with the palm of your hand to flatten to about ½ inch thick.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until just firm and edges are just golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate and butter. Stir until just melted and smooth, then remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioner’s Swerve with cream and vanilla extract. Stir in water a little at a time until a thin frosting consistency is achieved. Add half of the frosting to the melted chocolate in the pan, stirring until well combined.
- If the chocolate frosting begins to thicken too much, return over low heat and stir gently until thinner and smooth.
- Spread each cookie with half of the white frosting and half of the chocolate frosting. Let cool until set.
Makes 12 servings.
Black and White Cookies
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 19g|
|Total Saturated Fat 6g|
|Total Carbs 28g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|