- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries and water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes, until the berries can be easily mashed. Mash them up a bit.
- Whisk in the Swerve Confectioners, and then sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, Swerve Granular, coconut flour, and salt. Stir in the melted butter and the vanilla extract until the dough begins to clump together.
- Press half of the mixture firmly into the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Bake 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes. Spread the crust with the blueberry filling and sprinkle with the remaining crust mixture. Press the top crust into the filling lightly to adhere.
- Bake another 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Remove and let cool completely.
Makes 12 bars.
Blueberry Breakfast Bars 4
Serving Size 1 bar
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 18g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|