Blueberry Cheesecake Bar
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup of butter or coconut oil (cold)
- ½ cup Swerve, confectioners
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2-4 TBS cold water
- Two cups of blueberries
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tsp of lemon extract
- ½ cup Swerve Granular
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup Swerve, Confectioners (room temperature)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Two eggs (room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Excessively grease a 9 X 13 pan. If you do not do this, the shortbread will stick to the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl or food processor, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, and Salt together. Cut cold butter into small pieces or squares. Pulse in a food processor, or press into dry mixture with a fork until it looks like corn meal (it is okay to have some chunks of butter in your mixture- this is shortbread). Add two to four TBS of cold water to the mixture- it should begin to loosely combine. Place in greased 9 X 13 dish and press dough evenly into dish. It will come together when you press it into dish. Bake for 20- 25 minutes, until edges are brown, and parts of the shortbread surface lightly browns. Remove from oven, and let cool.
- In a sauce pan, add blueberries, lemon extract, water, and Swerve and bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once it starts to boil, bring temperature down to low heat, and let cook for 10 minutes, and stir occasionally (a blueberry juice should form). Take a couple of tablespoons of the juice. Place in a separate bowl, and mix in xanthan gum until combined. Mix xanthan gum mixture into the blueberry mixture on the stove top. Allow to cook for 5 more minutes and thicken. Set aside. Let come to room temperature, or let cool a bit, and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- For the cream cheese filling, blend cream cheese in an electric mixer or with a hand mixer, until creamy. Scrape sides of bowl, and add Swerve, Confectioners, and vanilla until smooth (5 minutes). Add two eggs, and mix until combined.
- Pour cream cheese filling on shortbread crust until crust is evenly covered. Spoon half of the blueberry compote randomly on top of filling, and then swirl with a knife to combine.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees, and bake for 20-25 minutes until corners are lightly browned, and middle of cheesecake is set.
- Let cool, and place in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.
- Note: You can make this the day before, and serve the next day. We also, like it served after it has been out of the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. You will also have some of the blueberry compote leftover- we like to reheat it and use on toast or pancakes or ice cream!
Makes about 24 servings.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 17g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.