Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, room temperature
- 2 tbsp Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp Swerve, Granular
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking mat with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and baking powder. In a large saucepan, melt cheese and butter over low heat until it can be stirred together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Stir in almond flour mixture until dough comes together (keep heat on low). It will still have some large streaks of cheese. Turn out dough onto a silicone mat or directly onto a kitchen counter and knead until uniform (this only takes a little kneading).
- Cover with parchment paper and roll out to about a 14x8 inch rectangle. On the diagonal, cut 1 inch wide, 1 ½ inch long strips along both sides, leaving a solid rectangle of dough in the center.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, cream, sweetener, and lemon zest until well combined. Spread down the center of the dough, leaving about ½ inch all around. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Fold the strips of dough over the filling so that the ends overlap. Pinch the dough at the ends to seal.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and granulated sweetener and press gently to adhere.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely, then slice into strips to serve.
Serves 8 to 10.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 25g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 18g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.