- 2 cups fine ground almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Swerve granular
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup of unsweetened yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest or 1/8 – 1/4 tsp of lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Cinnamon/Swerve blend, optional; for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 12 wells of a standard muffin pan, or line with papers.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the melted butter, Swerve, eggs, almond milk, yogurt, lemon zest or extract, and vanilla.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and continue to mix just until blended - a few lumps will remain.
- Fold in the berries.
- Fill the muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 23 to 26 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, and after 5 minutes transfer them to a rack to cool.
Makes about 12 servings.
Serving Size 1 muffin
|Total Fat 15g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|