Blueberry Protein Muffin
Protein Packed Blueberry Muffin
- 1 1/2 cups fine ground almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Protein Powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Swerve granular
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup of unsweetened yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon zest or 1/4 tsp of lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Cinnamon/Swerve blend, optional; for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 12-14 wells of a standard muffin pan, or line with muffin papers.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Swerve, eggs, almond milk, yogurt, lemon zest or extract, and vanilla.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and continue to mix just until blended - a few lumps will remain.
- Fold in the berries.
- Fill the muffin cups until almost full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-swerve, if desired.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, and after 5 minutes transfer them to a rack to cool or eat warm.
Makes 12-14 servings.
Serving Size 1 muffin
|Total Fat 13g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 27g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.