- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- ¹⁄3 cup Swerve Confectioners
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¹⁄3 cup coconut aminos or wheat-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
- Scallions, sliced on the diagonal, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large wok or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Season well on all sides with the salt.
- Place the chicken in the wok and stir-fry on all sides until light golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside. Add the broth, Swerve, tomato sauce, coconut aminos, vinegar, red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic to the wok and whisk to combine. Simmer until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the wok and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is warmed through. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve over fried rice, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until heated through.
Makes 4 servings.
From Keto Restaurant Favorites by Maria Emmerich
Serving Size 1 cup (8 oz)
|Total Fat 17g|
|Total Saturated Fat 8g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
In the Swerve Kitchen with Maria Emmerich - Bourbon Chicken
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.