- ½ cup coconut flour, or 2 cups
- blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (or coconut oil if dairy-free)
- 7 large eggs (4 eggs if using almond flour), beaten
- 1 teaspoon apple or vanilla extract (apple tastes great with Brie)
- coconut oil, for the pan
Brown Butter Syrup
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup Swerve Confectioners
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces
- 7 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- Make the pancakes: In a large bowl, combine the flour, Swerve, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, melted butter, eggs, extract. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Grease a large skillet with coconut oil and place it over medium-high heat. Pour 3 tablespoons of the batter into the hot skillet, making a circle about 3½ inches in diameter. Cook the pancakes until the bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes, then carefully flip and cook on the other side until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan as needed between batches.
Brown Butter Syrup
- Before you begin, make sure you have the Swerve, cashew milk, and extract next to the pan, ready to go in. Work fast or the Swerve will burn. Heat the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over high heat. As soon as it comes to a boil, watch for brown flecks; this is browned butter (so good on veggies!).
- Immediately add the Swerve, milk, and extract to the pan. Whisk until the sauce is smooth, then slide the pan off the heat. (Note: The sauce can be made up to 2 weeks ahead.)
- To serve, place 2 pancakes on each plate and top with walnuts, Brie, and sauce. Enjoy!
Makes 16 flappers (2 per serving)
From Keto Comfort Foods by Maria Emmerich
Brie and Walnut Flappers
Serving Size 2 flappers
|Total Fat 19g|
|Total Saturated Fat 9g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|