Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup Swerve, Brown
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Grated nutmeg or holiday sprinkles for decorating
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and Swerve Brown until lightened and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in the vanilla extract, then beat in the almond flour mixture until the dough comes together.
- Gather the dough together and transfer to a parchment or silicone mat. Pat into a circle and cover with another piece of parchment. Roll out to about ¼ inch thick and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Use small 2 inch cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes and place on the prepared baking sheets. You can re-roll the dough to cut out more shapes. If it becomes too soft to work with, simply refrigerate again.
- Decorate as desired and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until edges are just golden brown and the cookies are firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely on the pan.
Makes about 30 cookies. Serves 15.
Brown Sugar Shortbread 3
Serving Size 2 cookies
|Total Fat 12g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4.5g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|