Brown Swerve Baked Beans
- 1 lb dried beans (white beans, lima beans, etc)
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup ketchup, unsweetened
- 1 cup Brown Swerve
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Place beans in a large bowl and cover with water at least 2 inches over beans. Let sit for at least 24 hours.
- Drain water from beans and rinse well.
- Chop onion and bacon into small, bite sized pieces.
- In a large, heavy pot, add bacon and cook until fat is rendered. Add onion and saute until fragrant.
- Add beans, ketchup, Brown Swerve, salt & pepper, and water. Mix well.
- Bring beans to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let beans cook on the stovetop for 2 - 2.5 hours, or until desired texture is reached (larger beans may take longer to cook).
Makes about 12 servings.
Note: You can skip step 1 and use plain canned beans, and reduce the cooking time to 1 hour.
Serving Size 126g
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 28g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 9g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.