Brown Swerve Baked Beans
- 1 lb dried beans (white beans, lima beans, etc)
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup ketchup, unsweetened
- 1 cup Brown Swerve
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Place beans in a large bowl and cover with water at least 2 inches over beans. Let sit for at least 24 hours.
- Drain water from beans and rinse well.
- Chop onion and bacon into small, bite sized pieces.
- In a large, heavy pot, add bacon and cook until fat is rendered. Add onion and saute until fragrant.
- Add beans, ketchup, Brown Swerve, salt & pepper, and water. Mix well.
- Bring beans to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let beans cook on the stovetop for 2 - 2.5 hours, or until desired texture is reached (larger beans may take longer to cook).
Makes about 12 servings.
Note: You can skip step 1 and use plain canned beans, and reduce the cooking time to 1 hour.
Serving Size 126g
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 28g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 9g|