- Set a large bowl over an ice bath.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, Swerve Brown and Swerve Confectioners. Bring to a simmer, whisking frequently to dissolve the sweeteners, until the mixture reaches 160F on an instant read thermometer.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly add about 1 cup of the hot cream, whisking continuously, to temper the yolks. Slowly add the tempered yolks back into the saucepan, whisking continuously. Cook and stir until the mixture reaches 165 to 170F.
- Remove from heat and pour into the bowl over the ice bath. Let cool 10 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Before churning, whisk in the bourbon and the vanilla extract. Pour into the canister of an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions. Once churned, transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm, another 3 hours or so.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 19g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 20g|
|Dietary Fiber <1g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|