- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Swerve
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 boxes Swerve Yellow Cake Mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp caramel extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp caramel extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine the chopped pecans, butter, Swerve, and salt. Cook 3 or 5 minutes, stirring almost constantly, until the pecans are fragrant and nicely toasted. Remove and let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook until the butter becomes amber. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease 3 8-inch round cake pans. Line the bottoms with parchment and grease the parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the two packages of cake mix, breaking up any clumps. Add about two thirds of the chopped pecans. Stir in the browned butter, the eggs, water, and extracts until well combined and smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the three cake pans and smooth the tops. Bake 18 to 23 minutes, until the cakes are golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool completely before removing from the pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the Swerve until well combined. Beat in the extracts and 1/4 cup of the heavy whipping cream until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the remaining 3/4 of the cream until it holds stiff peaks. Fold into the cream cheese mixture until well combined and smooth.
To assemble: Place 1 layer of cake on a platter and spread with 1/4 of the frosting, spreading to the edges. Repeat with other two layers. Spread the sides with the remaining frosting.
Use the remaining chopped pecans to decorate the cake as desired.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 33g|
|Total Saturated Fat 13g|
|Total Carbs 29g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|