Butter Pecan Ice Cream Pie
- 1 ¾ cup pecans
- ¼ cup Swerve, Granular
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp Swerve, Granular, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a food processor, combine the pecans, Swerve, and salt. Process on high until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool. Transfer to the freezer.
- Set a bowl over an ice bath and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream and ½ cup Swerve, stirring until the sweetener dissolves and the mixture reaches about 170F on an instant read thermometer.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly add about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture, whisking continuously, to temper the yolks. Then slowly whisk the egg yolk mixture back into the cream, whisking continuously. Cook until the mixture reaches 175F on an instant read thermometer, whisking frequently to avoid curdling.
- Pour the mixture into the bow over the ice bath and allow to cool 10 minutes. Then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Stir in the vodka and vanilla extract, the sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Transfer the custard to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the buttered pecans. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat and add pecans. Add the remaining 1 tbsp Swerve and the salt and toss to coat. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the pecans to the ice cream in the last few minutes of churning. Spread the ice cream in the chilled crust and freeze another hour or two, until firm.
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 33g|
|Total Saturated Fat 12g|
|Total Carbs 20g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|