- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour (or oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-8 drops yellow gel food coloring
- 1-2 drop red gel good coloring
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with Swerve until incorporated. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Beat in almond flour mixture until dough comes together and clings to beaters.
- Divide dough into three equal parts. For one part, beat in 3 to 5 drops yellow food coloring until a bright yellow is achieved. For another part, beat in 2 to 4 drops yellow food coloring and 1 to 2 drops red food coloring until a bright orange is achieved.
- Pat each piece of dough into a rectangle about 4 by 5 inches in diameter. Stack the rectangles in desired order and press together, straightening the sides as much as possible (tip: use a flat kitchen implement to press against the sides to straighten). Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F and set oven racks in top two positions. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and cut into slices a little more than 1/4 inch thick. Cut each slice into 4 or 5 triangles. Lay triangles about 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets and press down lightly with palm of hand to flatten slightly to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until slightly puffed and just barely beginning to brown (they won’t feel set, but will set as they cool). Remove from oven and let cool on pan.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|