- 6 cups popcorn (I used Angie's Boom Chicka Pop Sea Salt Popcorn)
- 1/3 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1 ½ tsp molasses (not black strap- it is too bitter)
- 4 TBS unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
For the Caramel Sauce:
- Combine Swerve and molasses in medium saucepan on medium heat stirring to dissolve Swerve. Should take about 6 minutes of continuous stirring or whisking.
- Stir in butter and vanilla extract, then remove from heat and whisk in heavy whipping cream. Add salt and xanthan gum. Whisk into mixture until combined. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
For the Popcorn:
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; pour Swerve caramel sauce over popcorn in a steady stream, stirring to coat.
Spread popcorn mixture into prepared pan (cover with aluminum foil or parchment paper).
- Bake at 220° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. After an hour, turn oven off, and open door. Let popcorn cool down with oven. Remove from oven; stir to break up any large clumps. Enjoy!
- Note: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Makes 6 servings.
Serving Size 2/3 cup
|Total Fat 9g|
|Total Saturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 3g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.