- 2 boxes of Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup Brown Swerve
- 2 TBS vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup of canola or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp allspice
- 3 cups of carrots (shredded and chopped)
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup room temperature butter (two sticks)
¾ cup + 2 TBS Swerve Confectioners
1/8 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and line 2, 8 or 9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk bake mix, cinnamon and allspice.
- In second medium bowl, whisk vanilla, egg, water, Brown Swerve, oil and apple sauce until well combined.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture, and mix until combined. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Pour batter evenly in prepared pans, and place in oven.
- Cook for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes cover with aluminum foil, and return to oven. Cook for 10 - 15 more minutes. Cake should be ready when a toothpick inserted into it comes out with a few crumbs.
- Set cake aside and let completely cool. Scrape side of pan with knife going around edge of cake, and then flip cake over on a cooling rack.
- Cook butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until butter begins to turn golden brown and will smell nutty.
- Remove pan immediately from heat. Pour butter into a bowl. Cover and chill 1 hour or until butter is cool and begins to solidify.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add Swerve alternately with milk and vanilla. Beat at low speed until well blended after each addition. Beat on medium high for 10 minutes to combine flavors.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 33g|
|Total Saturated Fat 16g|
|Total Carbs 37g|
|Dietary Fiber 6g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|