Chocolate Cake Mix Doughnuts
- 1 package Swerve Sweets Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup of canola or coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (Almond Breeze)
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 TBS butter (room temperature)
- 6 TBS Swerve, Confectioners
- 4 TBS milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease doughnut pans with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk vanilla, egg, almond milk, and oil until well combined. Add bake mix to wet mixture, and mix until combined.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into individual doughnut molds.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 -12 minutes. Doughnuts are ready when a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Let doughnuts rest for 20 minutes. To remove, gently scrape side of pan with knife going around edge of cake, and then flip donuts onto a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle Swerve Swerve Confectioners on doughnuts or glaze doughnuts with Chocolate or Cream Cheese Glaze
Cream Cheese Glaze
- Place cream cheese and butter in a bowl and beat until smooth. Add Swerve, Confectioners and whisk until creamy. Add milk and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Spread icing on with knife or gently place doughnut face down into bowl of icing.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add all ingredients.
- Whisk the mixture continuously until ganache is smooth and warm.
- With a icing spatula or knife, spread glaze on doughnut or gently place doughnut face down into bowl of icing.
Serving Size 1 donut
|Total Fat 23g|
|Total Saturated Fat 9g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 5g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.