Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- 1 box Swerve Chocolate Cake Mix, prepared according to box method for cupcakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Swerve, Confectioners
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 12 large strawberries
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners. Also line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box directions. Once baked cool completely.
- For the icing, place the freeze-dried strawberries in a blender or food processor and blend until a fine powder forms, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the softened butter until light and fluffy, add in the confectioners Swerve 1 cup at a time until fully incorporated. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Add additional heavy cream to reach desired consistency if the frosting is too thick. Transfer the icing to an icing bag fitted with desired tip.
- For the chocolate covered strawberries place the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave in 15 second increments until smooth. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate then set on the parchment lined baking sheet. Transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Ice the cupcakes then top each one with a chocolate covered strawberry.
Serving Size 1 Cupcake
|Total Fat 34g|
|Total Saturated Fat 14g|
|Total Carbs 34g|
|Dietary Fiber 7g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.