Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
- 2 cups hazelnut meal
- ¾ cup Brown Swerve, packed
- ¼ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 oz sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the hazelnut meal, Brown Swerve, cocoa powder, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and applesauce. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir together. Mixture should be thick, like a mix between muffin batter and cookie dough.
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared pan and mold it into a rectangular shape that’s about 1” tall. Baking for 25 minutes.
- Let the biscotti cool for 20 minutes, then slice into 10 ¾” slices. Then, return to the oven and let it bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely while you make the chocolate coating.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring until melted and smooth. Dip the biscotti into the chocolate, place back on the cookie sheet, and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm.
Makes 10 slices of biscotti
Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti2 70
Serving Size 1 biscotti
|Total Fat 22g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4.5g|
|Total Carbs 30g|
|Dietary Fiber 9g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 6g|