- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee (optional, helps boost chocolate flavor)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 7 ounces good quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease 3 9-inch circular cake pans well. Line with parchment circles and grease the parchment. (8 inches will also work but you need to bake them longer. And if you only have two cake pans, simply hold back 1/3 of the batter and bake it after the first two layers are out of the oven).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, whey protein powder, baking powder, coffee and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with Swerve until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract, then beat in half of the almond flour mixture. Beat in nut milk and then the remaining almond flour mixture until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cake pans and smooth the tops with a knife or offset spatula. Bake about 20 minutes, until the center is firm to the touch. Remove and let cool in pans 15 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chopped chocolate in a large bowl (in the bowl of a stand mixer, if you will be using one).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine whipping cream and confectioner’s Swerve. Whisk until Swerve is dissolved and then bring to just a simmer.
- Pour over chopped chocolate and let sit about 10 minutes, until chocolate is melted. Whisk to combine. Let cool to room temperature, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Using whisk attachment of stand mixer or beater of hand-held mixer, beat on medium-high for 3 to 5 minutes, until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Place one layer of cake on a serving platter or cake stand and spread with about 1/3 of the whipped ganache. Top with another cake layer and another 1/3 of ganache, then the final layer and remaining ganache. Use a spoon or offset spatula to swirl ganache on the top. Let set 30 minutes before serving.
Chocolate Layer Cake with Ganache Frosting
Serving Size 1 slice
|Total Fat 30g|
|Total Saturated Fat 15g|
|Total Carbs 31g|
|Dietary Fiber 7g|
|Net Carbs: 4g|