Chocolate Orange Shortbread Sticks
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, arrowroot starch, orange zest, xanthan gum, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or two sharp knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add water and continue to cut in until dough clumps together.
- Gather into a ball and turn out onto a surface that is lightly floured with almond flour. Roll out into a long rectangle about 6 inches by 14 inches, and about 1/4 inch thick. Cut off edges to even out the rectangle and then cut into crosswise into 1 inch strips. Cut down the middle lengthwise to create little sticks that are 3 inches by 1 inch (or you can leave them as long 6x1 inch sticks).
- Using a sharp knife or offset spatula, lift shortbread sticks gently onto prepared baking sheet. Re-roll remaining dough to make more shortbread sticks.
- Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until just lightly golden brown. They will still be softish when you remove them, but will crisp up as they cool. Let cool completely.
- Line another baking sheet with wax paper. In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate until smooth. Dip the ends of each shortbread stick into melted chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet. Chill until chocolate is set.
Makes about 30 3x1-inch cookies.
Serving Size 1 cookie
|Total Fat 6g|
|Total Saturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbs 5g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.