Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of butter (cold) or coconut oil (out of jar)
- 2-4 TBS cold water
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup Confectioners, Swerve
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
Pecan Pie Filling
- ¾ cup Brown Swerve
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 6 TBS butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoon tapioca flour
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup of toasted pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans on rimmed cookie sheet, and toast for 5-7 minutes. They should be aromatic but not burned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Excessively grease a 9 X 13 pan. If you do not do this, the shortbread will stick to the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl or food processor, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, and salt together.
- Cut cold butter (or coconut oil) into small pieces or squares. Pulse in a food processor, or press into dry mixture with a fork until it looks like corn meal (it is okay to have some chunks of butter in your mixture- this is shortbread).
- Add two to four TBS of cold water to the mixture - it should begin to loosely combine.
- Place in greased 9 X 13 dish and press dough evenly into dish. It will come together when you press it into dish.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes, until edges are brown, and parts of the shortbread surface lightly browns. Remove from oven, and let cool.
- While shortbread is cooking make the ganache.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the chocolate, heavy cream, Swerve, and sour cream.
- Whisk the mixture continuously until ganache is smooth and warm. Set aside.
Pecan Pie Filling
- Once shortbread is out of oven and cooling, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl with a whisk, mix Brown Swerve and eggs until creamy.
- Add the chopped pecans, melted butter, tapioca starch, and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
To Assemble the Bars
- Spread ganache across cooled shortbread crust.
- Sprinkle pecan halves over the ganache.
- Gently spread pecan pie filling across ganache.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until top of pie bars are brown.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.
*You can cut them warm - they just won't hold together
as well, but they are still yummy!
Makes 30 servings.
Serving Size 1 bar
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.