- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup Swerve, Confectioners
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of butter (cold) or coconut oil (out of jar)
- 2-4 TBS cold water
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup Confectioners, Swerve
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
Pecan Pie Filling
- ¾ cup Brown Swerve
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 6 TBS butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoon tapioca flour
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup of toasted pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans on rimmed cookie sheet, and toast for 5-7 minutes. They should be aromatic but not burned.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Excessively grease a 9 X 13 pan. If you do not do this, the shortbread will stick to the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl or food processor, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, and salt together.
- Cut cold butter (or coconut oil) into small pieces or squares. Pulse in a food processor, or press into dry mixture with a fork until it looks like corn meal (it is okay to have some chunks of butter in your mixture- this is shortbread).
- Add two to four TBS of cold water to the mixture - it should begin to loosely combine.
- Place in greased 9 X 13 dish and press dough evenly into dish. It will come together when you press it into dish.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes, until edges are brown, and parts of the shortbread surface lightly browns. Remove from oven, and let cool.
- While shortbread is cooking make the ganache.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the chocolate, heavy cream, Swerve, and sour cream.
- Whisk the mixture continuously until ganache is smooth and warm. Set aside.
Pecan Pie Filling
- Once shortbread is out of oven and cooling, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl with a whisk, mix Brown Swerve and eggs until creamy.
- Add the chopped pecans, melted butter, tapioca starch, and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
To Assemble the Bars
- Spread ganache across cooled shortbread crust.
- Sprinkle pecan halves over the ganache.
- Gently spread pecan pie filling across ganache.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until top of pie bars are brown.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.
*You can cut them warm - they just won't hold together
as well, but they are still yummy!
Makes 30 servings.
Pecan Pie Bar 2
Serving Size 1 bar
|Total Fat 16g|
|Total Saturated Fat 7g|
|Total Carbs 12g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|