- ¾ cup pecan meal (see notes)
- ½ cup Swerve Granular
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
You can make your own pecan meal in a food processor. Grind about 1 cup of pecans, then measure out ¾ cup of the ground pecans.
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
2 tbsp chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 6 inch cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper and grease the paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pecan meal, Swerve, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chopped chocolate, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract, then whisk in the cream until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the pecan meal mixture until well combined. Spread in the prepared baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the sides are set and the center jiggles just slightly.
- Remove and let cool, then refrigerate 1 hour to set. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan to loosen and flip out onto a serving plate.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cream on high until bubbling. Add the chopped chocolate and let sit 3 minutes to melt. Add the Swerve Confectioners and whisk until smooth.
- Let cool about 10 minutes to thicken, then pour over the cooled cake. You can simply let it drip down the sides or you can spread it over the sides to cover.
- Sprinkle the top with the chopped pecans, right around the edges.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 25g|
|Total Saturated Fat 11g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugar 0g|
|Net Carbs: 2g|