Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup Swerve Granular
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 3 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
Sugar-free sprinkles for garnish, if desired.
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sweetener until well combined, then beat in the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Add the almond flour mixture and beat until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press each ball down to about ½ inch thick, then create an indentation by pressing your thumb into the center of each cookie.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until puffed slightly and the edges are just firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and if needed, re-form the indentation by gently pressing in with the back of a wooden spoon. Let cool completely on the pan.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together until smooth. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Use a small spoon to add about ½ teaspoon of the chocolate mixture to the center of each well. Sprinkle with sugar-free sprinkles, if desired, and let set until firm, about 1 hour.
Serving Size 1
|Total Fat 10g|
|Total Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 10g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Net Carbs: 1g|
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.
Please allow time for our team to review this message. Once approved, we will post the message here. Please check back soon.